Amplify your appreciation for the outdoors and the natural high of camping by incorporating cannabis into your adventures. There’s a natural intersection between hiking and consuming cannabis – both activities aid in the relaxation of the mind and help us connect to the beauty of the universe. Consuming cannabis while camping or hiking can enhance your sense of joy and strengthen the synergy you feel between nature and your inner-peace when consumed responsibly with the right products and accessories.
We’ve put together a list of our favorite ways to consume while hiking or camping, along with our top products for each category. Not planning in advance for factors such as portability, discretion, and ease of use can turn consumption on-the-go into a chore. Check out our recommendations to ensure the smoothest ease of use on your next excursion:
1. Pre-rolled joints: Convenient and ready-to-go, prerolls are perfect for hassle-free consumption in the outdoors. There’s no better feeling than reaching your destination and relaxing with friends as you pass around a pre-roll tailored to the exact kind of high you want. Be sure to avoid smoking flower at state parks, during fire season or in high-risk fire areas if you plan on bringing prerolls. If you are, see some alternative options listed below!
Mary’s Top Pick: Weekenders
Start your day, take a break, or relax before hitting your tent for bed with Weekenders. Choose between Play, Chill, Dream or Lift packs of seven. Each option ranges in potency from 9%-29% THC, so you can tailor your choice depending on how elevated you’re looking to get. And we didn’t think the view could get any better, either!
2. Edibles: Explore options like gummies, sodas, mints, and capsues for a more discreet, fire averse, and perfectly dosed experience. If you’re just doing a day trip and have access to coolers, sodas are one of our favorite options; refreshing, tasty, and a great way to cool down. Taking a longer journey and tight on space? Try mints, gummies or capsules that don’t need to be chilled, are small and portable, and are the perfect treat to have mid-journey with a sugar boost. There are plenty of fast-acting formulas to give you the near instant effects you get from smoking
Mary’s Top Pick: Artet Infused Mixed Drinks
Nobody likes waking up hungover, especially with a full day of physical activity ahead. Infused beverages are the perfect way to sip and socialize while getting the relaxing, euphoric effects a glass of wine or cocktail would provide. Each can is 5mg THC/CBD for the perfect dose, and the small 8oz can is the perfect fit to squeeze in your backpack or cooler.
3. Vape Pens: Enjoy the ritual of smoking, but in a high-risk fire area or in a more crowded park where you need to be discreet around others? Vape pens are the answer. Highly portable, no obvious cannabis smells, and no litter generated that you will have to carry around. Also, vaping more concentrated doses of THC or CBD means less impact on your lungs, boosting your respiratory health for an easier time as you engage in more strenuous outdoor activity.
Mary’s Top Pick: Jetty Extracts
Sometimes it’s important to go easy on your lungs, especially if you’re active. Vaping is about quality over quantity – you only need a puff or two to achieve the same effects of smoking traditional flower. Some of our favorite vape cartridges are from Jetty – each purified, super-potent cartridge packs a punch with a distinct high from legendary strains you can pair with whatever headspace you seek to enter.
4. Tinctures & Topicals: Tinctures are an incredibly versatile option where you can control your exact dosage and experience the effects rapidly when sublingually administered. Topicals are also a great choice if you wish to skip the psychoactive effects of THC but still want to reap the benefits for pain management. We love the variety of herbal infusions with added medicinal benefits incorporated into many formulas. Tailor your product choice to your exact needs, whether it’s a boost in the morning, mid-day ache and pain relief, or a wave of calm as you get ready to go to sleep.
Mary’s Top Pick: Care By Design
Care By Design is rooted in science and formulated with the highest quality CBD and a full spectrum of major and minor cannabinoids, terpenes, and enough THC to amplify your wellness. Relax your mind and body while soothing stress no matter what your experience level is.
5. Good Ol’ Fashioned Flower: Bringing your own flower camping can be a little bit of a hassle due to all of the preparation. Our philosophy is spend more time enjoying the view and less time grinding and rolling. Life hack: we recommend buying pre-ground flower, as bringing a grinder with you is added baggage and extra work you can avoid. A windy evening can make rolling your own joint nearly impossible, so we recommend bringing a compact pipe instead.
Mary’s Top Pick: Stone Road Pre-Ground Flower
Snag a half oz of Stone Road’s 100% natural pre-ground flower. The luxury of having half the work cut out for you is truly priceless, not to mention Stone Road’s flower comes from biodynamic, organic farming so you can treat yourself to some of the best quality, natural flower on the market that’s good for you and the earth.
Mary’s Top Pick: Le Pipe by House of Puff
Le Pipe is House of Puff’s signature ceramic one-hitter. It’s small, compact, and oh so cute. It’s chic, discreet, and easy to pack your flower into. Need we say more? Work smarter, not harder!
Ready to learn more? Shop the whole menu and browse our boutique curation of the highest quality brands, products, and accessories in San Francisco. Have questions or unsure about which products are right for you? Drop into the store to talk with our expert staff, we are open 12pm-8pm Tuesday-Sunday! Make sure you subscribe to our loyalty program so you can stay up to date on our weekly promos & deals, and get points with every purchase!